County Durham and Darlington MSK
To make a referral to the CDD Integrated Musculoskeletal Service
- Open the MSK Referral Pathways CDD template (see note below)
The information on the right of the template is the information which will be pulled into the referral letter.
- Click on:
- Complete the referral information
If you wish to copy the recent journal entry, go to the journal , click on the entry, press Ctrl-C, then click in box 2 above and press Ctrl-V
If the referral is for back pain additional information is needed – see notes below
- Click Yes (this is important)
- Tell the patient the MSK service will contact them directly to arrange their appointment after triage.
- At some point, the referral proforma needs to be created by clicking:
This could be done by the referring clinician or admin team.
- At some point an ERS referral needs to be created. A notional appointment is booked (e.g. 1am Sunday morning). Ignore the fact that this is based at Bishop Auckland. To find it navigate to Physiotherapy > Musculoskeletal
This can be done by admin staff. The patient does not need a printout.
- A New Task button is on the template to allow clinicians to notify admin staff to create the referral and link the proforma to the referral.
If the referral is for back pain, ensure the BackSTarT score and risk level has been recorded. Click
And you will be guided through the screening questions – the score and risk level will then be automatically recorded.
Close the Back Pain template to go back to the MSK Referral template
Opening the MSK Referral Template
There are numerous options to access the MSK Referral template which will depend on local preference.
- The MSK referral template could be added to a local master template
- Since this template is likely to be used extremely frequently, it would be sensible to add a shortcut to it. Press F12, type MSK Referral into the search box then click Search, then drag the option highlighted below (not the one with the tick) to your chosen letter. This will then allow you to create an MSK referral by pressing F12, M (in the case below)
- An alternative option is to open the Musculoskeletal template.
Or to navigate to this template from the CDRC Index in the Clinical Tree. Instructions on how to set this up can be seen here CDRC Index