The Primary objective of the study is to demonstrate a reduction in the number of children presenting to hospital with an asthma exacerbation.
Secondary objectives include:
- Improvement in the percentage of patients having a personalised asthma action plan
- Reduction in the average number of reliever inhalers used per patient per year
- Improvement in the average number of preventer inhalers used per patient per year
- Reduction in the average number of courses of steroids used acutely per patient per year
We will also measure:
- Attendance and DNA rates to clinics
- QOL scores in patients pre and post intervention
Beat Asthma+ Population Reporting Search, Access and Guide
To access and use the CDRC Beat Asthma+ Population Reporting Search on EMIS, you will need to download and import the following .zip file:
Below is a CDRC Beat Asthma+ PDF Guide which provides step-by-step instructions on how to download, import and run this search in EMIS.
Additional Beat Asthma+ Resources
What resources are available to help assess children at high risk of exacerbations?
A data entry template has been generated to collect information as part of the Beat Asthma review. Simply work through the template to complete the Beat Asthma assessment. The first page looks like this:
There are hyperlinks in blue and underlined that take you to websites including an online Asthma Control Test Score and the Beat Asthma website resources.
What resources are available for the patient and parent/carer?
There are many hyperlinks within the template that open up resources on the Beat Asthma website to print and give to the patient/parent/carer. The CDRC Precision resources have also produced a Beast Asthma Personal Asthma Action Plan (PAAP). This can be given to aid self management of a patients asthma.
An example of the PAAP is below:
Find out more about BeatAsthma, and access resources via the BeatAsthma website here https://www.beatasthma.co.uk/
Get in touch