For an overview of the CDRC Precision Resources available on SystmOne, please click here
- Accessing CDRC Resources on SystmOne
- Clinical Tree
- Patient Home
- Summary and Family History
- Tabbed Journal
- Useful Keyboard Shortcuts
SystmOne Resource Guides:
CDRC has resources available to maximise contract performance.
CDRC includes a full suite of resources to support the Impact and Investment Fund (IIF)
CDRC includes a full suite of resources to support the Quality and Outcomes Framework (QoF).
The searches and templates are available to all units.
Long Term Condition (LTC) Management:
- Medicine Management Homepage
- Drugs Requiring Monitoring Homepage
- CDRC Drugs Requiring Monitoring System Resource Guide
- Corticosteroids / Steroids Resource Homepage, the following tools will help ensure corticosteroids are prescribed safely
- Opioids / Opiates – Resources to help support harm reduction
- Resources to Support Safe Lithium Prescribing
- Resources to Support Safe NSAID Prescribing
- Resources to Support Safe Valproate Prescribing
The DCS Safeguarding system is an integrated approach to give organisations a structured, safe and simple method of considering safeguarding issues.
The approach is based on organisations maintaining four ‘registers’ of patients with safeguarding issues:
Guidance on how to active the BBV Test Alert system within SystmOne:
The video below provides information on how to access the Blood Borne Virus Test Alert system within SystmOne:
Step by step guide to accessing the Blood Borne Virus (BBV) test alert in SystmOne:
2. Open the Protocols area:
3. Search for ‘BBV’, then activate the following protocols (click on each checkbox):
4. Open the Patient Status Alerts area:
5. Search for ‘consider screening’, and then activate the following PSAs
6. Open the New Template Maintenance area:
7. Activate the following template:
- Practical guidance for Primary Care to optimise HIV testing and re-engagement of people living with HIV. Resource by Elton John Aids Foundation and HIV Prevention England
- Change the Face of HIV video – HIV Awareness in Primary Care (HIVAP) campaign
- “Getting to zero” presentation, Dr Gillian Dean, Sexual Health & HIV Consultant, Brighton & Sussex University Hospitals
- CDRC Cancer Resources Homepage
The CDRC Suspected Cancer decision support module is designed to help clinicians identify patients who might have cancer and to make the referral process as simple and efficient as possible.
The system is based on the NICE guidance for suspected cancer
The referral management system is designed specifically for practices in the North East of England but could be adapted for other areas.
- CDRC Suspected Cancer Resources Homepage
- CDRC Cardiovascular Resource Homepage
CDRC has developed an Atrial Fibrillation Resource Guide which includes a comprehensive suite of resources that support the improvement of Atrial Fibrillation (AF) care.
Hypertension and Blood Pressure:
An Hypertension and Blood Pressure Resource Guide has been created to detect and management patients with Hypertension. These resources include Searches that assist in Detecting patients with un-coded or possible Hypertension, Templates that provides a Hypertension patient review, Blood Pressure target setting & treatment and Patient Information Leaflets for Hypertension and Blood Pressure.
NHS Health Checks:
- Diabetes Resource Homepage
- Preventing Diabetes
- Diabetes Management:
- Diabetic Kidney Disease
The CDRC Gastroprotection Resource System has a number of features to help clinicians ensure patients are offered appropriate gastroprotection when taking relevant medication.
The main classes of medication that are associated with a need for gastroprotection are:
Anticoagulants, Antiplatelets, Corticosteroids & NSAIDs
- Gynaecology Resource Homepage
- Cervical Screening – CDRC includes a set of resources to maximise uptake of cervical screening, improve data quality and QoF performance. A systematic approach to this issue is likely to be helpful to demonstrate how quality care is being delivered, to regulators such as the CQC.
- Contraception Resource Homepage
- CDRC Infection Resources Homepage
- Antibiotic Prescribing Analysis – The antibiotic prescribing analysis tool allows extraction of antibiotic prescribing data which can used to analyse individual prescribers’ and teams, prescribing patterns.
- Covid-19 (Coronavirus) – A range of resources are available to help support the response to the coronavirus pandemic.
- Notifiable Diseases – The Notifiable Diseases template shows the relevant diseases with links to PHE resources and a button to create a pre-populated notification form.
- Respiratory Infections – The RTI template is designed to facilitate; Accurate and consistent coding; Quick data entry; Accurate assessment of severity; Appropriate use of antibiotics; Patient education and self-care & The ability to provide information prescriptions as easily as medication
- Sepsis – Detection of Sepsis is integrated into the CDRC platform. This is based around a Sepsis Screening Template.
- UTI – The CDRC UTI Template is based on on the SIGN guidance for UTI, Clinical Knowledge Summaries and the North East antibiotic formulary.
CDRC’s Learning Disabilities Resources have been created to support and improve related care of patients with learning disabilities. These resources provide you with a guide on how to use the CDRC LD Template, perform structured Annual Reviews, run reports that identify patients who have/ have not had their Annual Health Check and to help validate your LD register.
Lipid Modification Resource Guide comprises of a suite of tools, searches and processes that aim to improve Lipid Management, including but not limited to; A Lipid Detail & Lipid Lowering Template; Performance, Quality Improvement and Statin Safety Searches; Screening for Familial Hypercholesterolaemia; QoF Support and Batch Searches
CDRC has developed a comprehensive suite of resources to support patients with obesity. Each individual resource page hosts information that will show you how to effectively use the resource.
- CDRC Obesity Resources Homepage
- Weight Templates
- Weight Patient Info
- Weight Referral / Intervention
- Digital Weight Management Programme – including weight management enhanced service
- Reporting and Payment – maximising payment from the weight management ES
- Local Weight Management Services
- Opt-In Resources – protocols to improve performance, payments and coding
- Batch Reporting – recommended reports to add to a batch report
Resources and Guides are currently in development.
- Respiratory Infection
- RTI Template
- Acute Bronchitis
- Viral Wheeze
CDRC has created resources that are available to support asthma management. Each resource page hosts a guide to support the effective use of the CDRC Asthma Resources.
- CDRC Asthma Resources Homepage
- Asthma Template – home page covers the majority of information for review
- Asthma Exacerbation – for recording and managing exacerbations
- Asthma Action Plan – for viewing, creating and amending asthma care plans
- Risk of Exacerbation – to allow assessment of exacerbation risk
- Asthma Diagnosis – to facilitate accurate diagnosis of asthma using current NICE pathways
- Asthma Exceptions – to allow recording of general and specific exceptions
- QoF Coding – covers the complex coding required at new asthma diagnosis
- Asthma QoF Rules – displays current QoF asthma indicators
- Asthma Resources – links to useful resources
- Asthma Reports – clinical reports to help improve asthma care, prompt follow up after exacerbation and identify high risk patients.
- QoF Reviews – process to facilitate the complex QoF requirements for annual asthma reviews.
- Exacerbation Coding Prompt – protocol to improve asthma exacerbation coding when steroids are prescribed to asthmatic patients
- New Diagnosis Alert – prompt to remind user about coding diagnostic tests when making a new diagnosis of asthma
- Optional Features – summarises the additional features that can be enabled at your unit to maximise care and contractual responsibilities
CDRC has created a range of Respiratory Infection Templates to provide guidance to allow accurate assessment of severity and to plan management.
- Respiratory Infections Resources Homepage
- RTI Template – Designed to facilitate; Accurate and consistent coding; Quick data entry; Accurate assessment of severity; Appropriate use of antibiotics; Patient education and self-care & The ability to provide information prescriptions as easily as medication
- Acute Bronchitis
- Viral Wheeze
- CDRC Urology Resources Homepage
- UTI Template – This Template is based on the SIGN guidance for UTI, Clinical Knowledge Summaries and the North East antibiotic formulary. Different tabs of the template cover different scenarios. Only the appropriate tabs will be displayed for men and women.
- GnRH Analogues
- Newcastle & Gateshead CCG Reporting – There are three reports to support the Newcastle and Gateshead CCG Androgen Deprivation Therapy and PSA Monitoring SLA
The CDRC Vaccination system is designed to help maximise uptake of vaccination whilst minimising the burden on general practice. Each resource page provides you with information on how to effectively use the CDRC resources.